|Find the best spots||
This is an interactive map! Use controls to pan and zoom this map.
Datum: WGS84 [ Help ]
Latitude: 25° 57.668' N
User rating (0)
WannaKiteSurf.com is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in this guide. You use this guide at your own risk.
Choose your format: please login first
Tiger tail beach has a big curve to the right west so depending where you are the wind can change directions.
Distance to a city In the city
Access time Good walk (15-30 min)
Easy to find? OK
Public access? Public access
Special access No access issues
Spot quality Standard
Kite/wind? Good for KiteSurf
Style Freestyle, Freeride, Long distance, Speed
Day timing Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Week crowd Empty
Week-end crowd Few surfers
Water quality Clean
Current Medium ( 1-2 knots)
Tide Best at high tide
Type Thermal wind
Force Light ( < 16 knots)
Main dir. NorthWest
Best dir. NorthWest
Best dir. relative Side-onshore
Period From November to May
Marcos island wind direction (Tiger tail):
- south east wind: kite on the beach or(last far lagoon), side on shore
- south south-east: kite on the beach or(last far lagoon), on shore
- south: kite on the beach or( last far lagoon )on shore
- south west: kite on the beah or (last far lagoon) side on shore
- west: kite on the beach or( last far lagoon) side shore
- north west: perfect for the last far lagoon
- north east wind to east south east wind kite on the lagoon, wind is to gusty but good to learn kite boarding. Tiger tail beach has a big curve to the right west so depending where you are the wind can change directions.
what not to do on marco island,tiger tail
local kiteboarders & visitors
1* dont kiteboard on the first lagoon from east to west look picture,reasons the east part of the first lagoon ,conssetion operates on that section, to the rigth side of the first lagoon is a bird santuary some times there is a rope but some times the current or storm wash the post and rope away if you dont undestand look a the picture.
2*this is a great kiteboarding spot so all local kiteboarders should not only respet this area but also protect it , if you see visiting kiteboarders please inform them of the protected areas,this way our kiteboarding previleges will not be taken away.
3*please remember to take a plastic bag, there are no trash cans and you need to keep the beach clean, wild life live in this area so please dont trash the beach.
You can edit this page to correct errors or add new information. If you have any problems regarding this page, Send us feedback.